Wednesday, June 22, 2011

oh the Love of Idaho!

So my family thinks I have this whole hate rep on Idaho, so me being the always right younger sibling I am writing to prove them wrong. So I am going to dedicate this post on the things I love and the oh so slightly annoyingfrustratingandaggitating things that I dislike about Idaho.

Slightly Dislike
  • The awful manure smell that seems to stay for months at a time during harvest
  • The Idaho hair poof (for all those girls that like square shaped heads and pricey jeans)
  • That small town means news travels fast, don't screw up in this town cause everyone will know about it by the end of the night.
  • The social scene, ya it probably kept me out of trouble in high school but now being a single adult the scene is dry... very dry.

LOVE!
  • I love the country part of Idaho, call me a hick... its okay because I love that I can go bike riding on ditch banks, or that I grew up swimming in the canal (for all those city folk out there that is basically the ditch the farmers use to irrigate their farms).
  • I love that I spent my childhood barefoot- seriously though talk about calused feet!
  • I love that everyone is so friendly and not a day goes by that a stranger doesn't wave to me driving down the road.
  • I love the amazing people here- so loving! I feel like I have a million cheerleaders rooting for me to do well in life.
  • I love the crickets outside and that my dog could always roam around with me.
  • I love that I am surrounded by a river and mountain ranges- all fun to play on! Activities range from boating, snowmobiling, sledding, tubing, rafting, swimming, hiking, and of course skiing.
  • Lastly I love seeing the amazing sunsets every night and then seeing all the stars right after!
taken right outside my window


Most arguments against small towns are that they are uncultured. Did I grow up going to the art exhibit or newest museum or touring the local zoo. Nope I never did any of that. Never did I go to a rock concert or the local club.
But I did grow up singing songs while hoeing the beat fields, helping my brother milk cows, and spending most days playing boardgames with my family. Lucky me I grew up learning the value of hard work while cementing close relationships with my wonderful family. Sorry city folk but I think I got the better end of the deal ;)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post! Thanks for reminding me why I love Idaho as well.

    ReplyDelete