Thursday, July 7, 2011

Family Time


So with my current lifestyle of working- a lot, its been hard for me to have a life outside of work. I am working two jobs right now, as a secretary and a manger/waitress at a local restaurant. I very much so like my job. I work with wonderful people and I always have fun stories about the crazy happenings as a waitress ( those will come later). But with all this craziness of working 50-60 hours per week I find it hard to have a life.
Moving back home for the summer I jumped in knowing that I would not have a social life this summer. Most of my friends are gone, either married or on missions, I have on really really good friend and we hit the occasional movie, Ps Green Lantern... ya wait till red box. Anywho with this absence of a life I have made it more of a priority to be with family, and well I can proudly say I hang out with my parents every night. Yes thats right people your looking at a good ol' mammas girl and daddy's darling. My mom actually got mad at me today for watching TV with someone else- fair warning to my future hubby there will be jealousy issues :)

The happenings of my life meaning moving out, brother getting married, sister in Afghanistan, and especially sending a niece to heaven have all taught me the importance of family. I guess I just never realized how short life really is- things can change in an instance and well its important too make the MOST important things a priority. That is my family.

                                                                    aren't they adorable! 


So my new goal is to focus a lot of my time and energy on family. It just makes me sad that its takin this long for me to be able to realize it! 

oh ps. I LOVE being an Aunt- here are just a few of my adventures with my willing minions. 










future post on Kids say the darnest things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment