Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Weeds and Thunder Storms


Well I think before I tell you my spiritual experiences, I should first briefly state some more things about me. I am a Freshmen in college at Brigham Young University... Yes that is right people I am a Mormon. Well I was always told that the first year of college is always the hardest. Being on your own is awful and that everyone has problems. Me, being the "not as humble as I should be" person that I am thought that my first year of college would go off with out a hitch. I would have "some" problems, but those problems would not effect me as much as it did to others because I am a mature grown up adult who was raised right, with good standards, a smart family, and well I honestly thought I would be blooming in college.

In a sense I was right, I did bloom, but little did I know that with that blooming came some hardcore weeds and thunder storms that would cause hurt, pain, and a bit of depression. Most of these weeds and thunder storms were things that never in my mind I could of predicted. Never in my wildest dreams would I be faced with these trials and tribulations.
I think that is how life is most of the time, things happen that we would never expect or predict or fathom ever happening to us. In a manner of seconds, minutes, hours, or days our lives can change. and we can be faced with different "lightning" in the distance... but back to the point.
As I found myself facing these weeds and storms (of which you will find out more about later) I always seemed to ask the question why. Why was this happening to me, why was it ME going through this, What did I do to deserve this? Well I can now say that I have an answers to those questions of mine and it is this simple concept: We are given trials to grow. We are given tribulations to develop. We have to go through hard times to see good times. Sometimes the Lord is just reminding us and telling us to go unto him. Seek him and his guidance in your life.

And one more concept, some food for thought, Blessings do not always equal happiness or joy. Sometimes blessings are the medicine we need, and sometimes a blessing is a trial. A blessing is good for us, whether that good be though a ray of sunshine or down right hard weedy growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment